Join OC-CAMFT for our
Children Who Survive & Thrive in Adversity: The Emerging Science of Resilience
Presented by Susan Kelsey, LMFT, RPT
Date: December 9, 2016
Check-in: Begins at 11 am
Luncheon: 11:00 to 1:30
Location: Maggiano's Little Italy, 3333 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CAEarn 1 CEU (CAMFT CE #59405)
How is it that, when exposed to a traumatic event or tragic circumstance, some children use the experience to drive themselves to growth while others collapse? In this presentation we will explore the current research citing characteristics that are present in resilient children, as well as things therapists can include in their practice that can promote resilience in their clients.
- Describe 5 characteristics that are present in resilient children
- Explore several techniques therapists can include in their practice that promote resilience in their clients
- Examine examples of client's work that indicate the presence of resilience
OC CAMFT Luncheon Price:
OC-CAMFT Members - $32
OC CAMFT Guests - $37
Deadline to register is Dec 7th!
Walk-ins - $45
Click HERE to pre-register!
If you prefer to pay by check, please click HERE for payment info and to submit a reservation form so that we have your email contact information. (check must be postmarked by Dec 7th) Please include your email address so that we can send you a confirmation email 2 days prior to the event.
Please review our ADA Policy HERE.
If you have a special need or need special accommodations, please click HERE. Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Susan Kelsey is an MFT in Orange County who had dedicated her practice to the treatment of children and adolescents only for 18 years. Susan has had the honor of working with hundreds of children of all ages who have risen above their difficult circumstances and grown up to be functional adults. Susan gives numerous workshops locally and nationally on quality treatment for children and adolescents and is the author of "Therapy Has Gone to the Dogs: A Therapist's Guide to Animal Assisted Therapy"