WHEN: Friday, June 23rd, 2023 | 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
WHERE: Tustin Ranch Golf Club
12442 Tustin Ranch Rd, Tustin, CA 92782
featuring Keynote Speaker Valerie Uy, LMFT
Self of the Therapist: Multicultural Awareness of Implicit Biases
This presentation will review the intersection of social location between therapist and client(s) in addition to supervisor and supervisee, the significance of implicit biases and how we can perpetuate harmful narratives. Additionally, attendees will be able to identify ways that we can support our clients while being culturally competent and trauma-informed.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify three characteristics of social location.
- Identify three ways that self of the therapist can influence treatment with BIPOC clients.
- Identify three ways clinicians can utilize this knowledge in treatment with BIPOC clients.
- Identify two ways clinicians can utilize this knowledge in treatment with BIPOC clients specifically in supervision/consultation with other clinicians.
Whether you’re a veteran or newly licensed MFT, AMFT, MFT trainee or student... we are celebrating you!
Special Thanks to our Sponsors
For more information visit their website by clicking on their logos!
We will honor:
- OC CAMFT Past Presidents and Board Members
- Licensed MFT’s
- MFT Associates & Students
MFT Graduate Programs
Come cheer for your school!
Prizes and surprises!
Our sponsorships are now closed!
Menu selections are as follows:
- Spring mix, candied walnuts, feta, mandarin oranges, white balsamic vinaigrette
- Entrée: trip tip/halibut duet, tri colored fingerling potatoes, asparagus, garlic confit
- Vegan mushroom risotto, white wine, cremini mushrooms (advance notice required)
- double chocolate cheesecake
- Unlimited water, iced tea, coffee, hot tea, soda
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
For questions or concerns regarding menu selection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Special needs requests please call (714)-556-7129 Please advise us of your needs no later than 7 days prior to the event so that we may be able to accommodate you.
Please make a separate transaction for each and every reservation requested. If you are paying by credit card, the receipt you receive at the end of your payment is your confirmation reservation. Those reserving by check and are reserving for 2 or more may combine payment. ONLY check payments received by deadline will receive an email confirmation 2 days prior to event. Any payments not received by deadline are not reserved and will be considered walk-in status. Please note our cancellation policy on our registration page.
- Course meets the qualifications for 1 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Orange County Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #59405) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. Orange County Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Course completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the program to those attendees who sign-in within 10 minutes of the commencement of the program, sign-out after the program is concluded, and complete and return an evaluation form.
Cancellations are made by leaving a message at 714-556-7129 no later than 2 days prior to the event by 6 PM. A refund less $5.00 processing fee will be returned to you. There are no refunds for cancellations made past this time.
For grievances, please leave a message at 714-556-7129 or email email@example.com
Valerie Uy is a Chinese American LMFT and social justice advocate who is passionate about creating spaces of healing, connection and safety. Valerie strives to be aware of her own privileges and implicit biases in regards to anti-racism, spirituality, sex positivity, consensual non-monogamy, and LGBTQIA+ affirming practices. She inspires others through her authenticity and compassion to learn more about civic engagement and activism to support marginalized communities, and has a vested interest in supporting BIPOC communities through their experiences of racial trauma.
Valerie has been the speaker for conferences such as Asian Mental Health Collective's TransformASIAN Conference, EM Collective's Asian Mental Health Conference, ECAASU's 'Turning the Tides' Conference, presented in panels for mental health regarding 'Intergenerational Trauma' and 'Stress & Burnout', and spoken at UC Irvine's Psyber Guide's Drop Ins regarding mental health.
Valerie received her Masters for Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliant International University, CSPP and currently works at SeaPort Family Therapy Services in Fountain Valley, California. She has a passion for working with couples and individuals, specifically interracial couples, with racial trauma, infidelity/betrayal trauma, and substance use. She works through an attachment-based and Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) lens to help identify deep- rooted hurt and pain that impacts her clients’ interpersonal relationships.
This event is made possible by the generous support of
OC-CAMFT's Board of Directors and Sponsors.
EVERYTHING MFT 2023 Event Schedule
11:30 Introduction to Fourteenth Annual Celebrate Everything MFT!
11:40 RAFFLE: REGISTERED GUESTS GIFT CARD
11:45 Sponsors Introduction
12:00 Graduate programs introduction
12:10 RAFFLE 2: amazon and 2023 seminar
12:20 Introduction of speaker, Valerie Uy, LMFT
1:30 Questions for speaker
More opportunity drawings (yes, you must be present to win)
RAFFLE 3 amazon, seminar, centerpiece